AVELLUM earned 11 practice rankings, and 15 of our lawyers received individual recognitions in the 2020 edition of The Legal 500 ranking.
9 out of 11 practices have the highest Tier 1 ranking. The firm has added 3 lawyers and 2 practice areas to its rankings in 2020.
The results of the ranking demonstrate consistently leading position of AVELLUM in Corporate Finance practices, as well as improved performance in other core practices of the firm:
- Banking, Finance, and Capital Markets practice: Tier 1 since 2012
- Commercial, Corporate, and M&A practice: Tier 1 since 2013
- International Trade is ranked Tier 1. The Legal 500 segmented this practice in Ukraine for the first time, and AVELLUM broke into Tier 1 at once.
- Competition, Employment, Private Client, Real Estate, and Tax practices retain the highest Tier 1 ranking
- Dispute Resolution and Energy are ranked Tier 2
- Intellectual Property practice is newly ranked Tier 3
All 7 partners of AVELLUM are listed as the Leading individuals or highly recommended in their respective practices by The Legal 500:
- Glib Bondar has been named a leading individual in Banking, Finance, and Capital Markets for 10 consecutive years and is highlighted in The Legal 500 Hall of Fame. Glib is also recommended in Energy.
- Ivan Kasynyuk is recommended in International Trade.
- Vadim Medvedev confidently goes up to a leading individual in Tax. Vadim also breaks into the Dispute Resolution list of the leading individuals skipping the preceding levels of the ranking. Additionally, he is highly recommended in Private Client.
- Iryna Moroz enters a leading individuals’ list in International Trade in addition to her steadily leading positions in Private Client rankings.
- Yuriy Nechayev is among the leading individuals in Commercial, Corporate, and M&A. Additionally, Yuriy is recommended in Competition.
- Mykola Stetsenko has been recognised among the leading individuals in Commercial, Corporate, and M&A for 10 years in a row. Mykola is featured in The Legal 500 Hall of Fame. Additionally, Mykola Stetsenko is recognised as a leading individual in Private Client and Competition practices. He is recommended in Employment and Real Estate.
- Aminat Suleymanova has been steadily recognised among the leading individuals in Private Client and is recommended in International Trade.
We are immensely proud that our lawyers are named as Next Generation Partners:
- Vadim Medvedev, partner, in Private Client
- Maksym Maksymenko, counsel, in Real Estate and Construction
6 lawyers of AVELLUM are recognised as the Rising stars for making a material difference to their practices:
- Andriy Fortunenko, senior associate, in Dispute Resolution
- Oleksandr Gubin, senior associate, in Private Client
- Oleg Krainskyi, associate, in Banking, Finance, and Capital Markets
- Yaroslav Medvediev, counsel, in Competition
- Andriy Romanchuk, counsel, in Commercial, Corporate and M&A
- Anton Zaderyholova, senior associate, in Tax
Counsel Anton Polikarpov is commended for his work in the Intellectual Property practice area.
The Legal 500, one of the most prestigious legal directories in the world, has been assessing the strengths of law firms in over 150 jurisdictions for 33 years. The Legal 500 research is based on feedback from over 300,000 clients worldwide, submissions from law firms and interviews with leading private practice lawyers, and a team of researchers.
Posted on April 22, 2020