We are proud to announce that Mykola Stetsenko, AVELLUM’s Managing Partner, was elected as President of the Ukrainian Bar Association (UBA).
The election took place on 2 August 2023at a regular meeting of the UBA Legal Assembly.
Together with the newly elected UBA Vice-President and Senior Partner at Sokolovskyi and Partners, Tetiana Lysovets, Mykola Stetsenko will focus on:
- Ethics in the Ukrainian legal market
- Protection of human rights
- Cooperation on the international stage
- Work of committees as a driver of reforms in the country
- Military justice
- Legal education as a basis for the future of legal profession
- Promotion of regional interests
- Inclusiveness as a component of the new society
Reflecting on his new role, Mykola Stetsenko remarked, “The position of UBA President demands strong leadership and a commitment to nurturing the legal community in Ukraine. This is an important mission, and I am ready to make every effort to ensure the successful fulfilment of this role.”
AVELLUM congratulates Mykola Stetsenko on his new role as President of the Ukrainian Bar Association and remains committed to supporting his efforts to advance the legal profession and promote justice in Ukraine!
The Ukrainian Bar Association (UBA) is the biggest non-governmental, non-profit organisation which unites lawyers from all areas of the legal profession in Ukraine.
Posted on August 3, 2023