On 24 February 2022, Russia started a full-scale invasion of Ukraine, being part of its aggression against our country commenced in 2014. Europe has not seen armed conflicts of such scale and brutality for decades. Reliable evidence confirms that Russian troops are making indiscriminate attacks including air raids, ballistic missile strikes and bombings. Residential housing, utilities, critical infrastructure are being destroyed all over Ukraine. The United Nations reports at least 240 civilian casualties and 64 deaths in Ukraine as of 26 February 2022. Apart from that, hundreds of thousands of peaceful Ukrainians had to flee violence to Western Ukraine and neighboring countries.
Russia’s leaders do not conceal that the purpose of such barbaric act is to undermine the sovereignty of Ukraine, while Ukraine has been demonstrating for many years that freedom and independence are paramount values of Ukrainians. Every sovereign state must decide its own destiny.
AVELLUM team has already been helping Ukraine to survive supporting financially, or by joining territorial defence units, or by volunteering and doing what they can to help our home country.
Despite all valuable assistance international community and Ukraine’s allies provided to date, this may not be enough and further support is vital for Ukraine to prevail.
We are confident that all our clients and colleagues are standing by us and seeking ways to help Ukraine. To facilitate this, we list below specific actions that we encourage you to take if you wish to further help our country:
1. Boycott Russian propaganda media, such as Russia Today, RTR, RIA Novosti, etc., report them as an ‘inducement of violence’ or under similar grounds in all social media.
2. Make donations to the Armed Forces of Ukraine. Please see below the list of verified fundraising initiatives and bank details for donations in different currencies:
- Fundraising account to support the Armed Forces of Ukraine by the National Bank of Ukraine. Bank details for donations.
- Donations to the Ministry of Defence for logistical and medical support of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. Bank details for donations.
- Save Life – a charity fund that helps the Ukrainian Army since 2014. Link for donation – opt for ‘Help the Ukrainian Army’.
- Army SOS – donations to the army. Bank details for donations.
- Phoenix Wings – supplies helmets, bulletproof vests, hundreds of radio sets and sights to the military units on the front line.
3. Make donations to the organisations helping Ukrainians during the conflict. Here is a non-exhaustive list of organisations that are asking for assistance.
- International Committee of the Red Cross
The International Committee of the Red Cross is aiming to help people affected by the conflict and support the work of the Ukrainian Red Cross. You can make a donation via its website.
- Médecins Sans Frontières
Médecins Sans Frontières provides humanitarian medical assistance to conflict-affected people in Ukraine and works on emergency medicine and surgical preparedness of Ukrainian hospitals. You can make a donation via its website.
- International Rescue Committee
The International Rescue Committee helps people affected by humanitarian crises to survive, recover and rebuild their lives. You can make a donation via its website.
- International Medical Corps
The International Medical Corps is focused on providing healthcare services, psychosocial support, and care to citizens of countries dealing with disaster, disease, and conflict. Donations will go toward providing Ukrainians with better access to medical and mental health resources. You can make a donation via its website.
CARE has set up an emergency Ukrainian Crisis Fund with the goal of providing immediate support for 4 million people. Donations will go toward providing Ukrainians with water, food, supplies, hygiene kits, immediate support and aid, and cash. You can make a donation via its website.
- People in Need
People in Need is providing humanitarian aid in critical situations. Donations will go for providing Ukrainians with food packages, emergency shelters, safe access to drinking water, hygiene items, and coal for heating. You can make a donation via its website.
- Medical Fund Hospitallers
Medical Fund Hospitallers is a volunteering medical organisation based in Ukraine. Donations will go toward providing backpacks with first aid and medical supplies to front-line territories. You can make a donation via its Facebook page.
4. Use and share only reliable sources of information. It is critically important that the world receives only true and corroborated facts about the Russian aggression against Ukraine. You may rely on these official Ukrainian sources:
- The President of Ukraine: https://twitter.com/zelenskyyua?s=21.
- The Ministry of Defence of Ukraine: https://twitter.com/defenceu/.
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine: https://twitter.com/mfa_ukraine.
- The Parliament of Ukraine: https://twitter.com/ua_parliament, https://t.me/ukraineparliament (Telegram).
- The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine: https://twitter.com/kabmin_ua_e.
5. Communicate with your governments, businesses and colleagues to intensify military and other assistance to Ukraine as well as severe sanctions against Russia.
GLORY TO UKRAINE! / СЛАВА УКРАЇНІ!
Posted on February 27, 2022